Brief History | Mission and Purposes | Officers | Documents | Conference Call | Membership Form [PDF] | Images
University of Alabama's site for 2013 Annual
meeting | Submit abstract
| Program | Registration
| Hotel | Papers
Auburn University's CLA site for 2012:Annual Meeting | Call for Papers | Program | Registration | Papers |
ALaPSA Facebook, Albums: Conference 2010 images | 2013 images
The Alabama Political Science Association (AlaPSA) developed out of a meeting of Alabama political scientists in 1972, and its first meeting occurred in 1973. AlaPSA celebrated its 40th Anniversary in the years 2012 and 2013, at both Auburn University and the University of Alabama. Meetings are held in late March or early April. The 2014 meeting will be held at Huntingdon College, and will be organized jointly with the Air Command and Staff College. Make plans to attend.
Mission and Purposes
The association shall not take official stands on public policy issues nor assume a partisan position upon any question of practical politics, nor commit its members to any position thereupon.
- To encourage scientific investigation and research in the field of government, politics, and administration, with special reference to the state and local problems of Alabama;
- To encourage understanding of and improve instruction in political science and public administration;
- To develop collegial relations and cooperation among political scientists in Alabama and reach out to political scientists in the region;
- To establish and improve relations between political scientists and public officials;
- To facilitate a greater understanding of government and politics at all educational levels; and
- To uphold ethical standards and foster competence.
Conference Call [html] [Doc, 2010]